Peer Recovery Navigator for Virignia Beach, Suffolk, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Portsmouth Areas at Magellan HRSC, Inc.
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
This position provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. This position performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
- Assists in identifying recovery goals to help members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and support to assist members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning and facilitating co-creating of Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and Peer Support Whole Health and Resiliency (PSWHR) as needed based on member’s choice.
- Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with members.
- Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
- Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
- Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings.
- Promotes community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
- Links members to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
- Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
- Documents all interactions according to company standards.
- Travels to meet members within the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitlePeer Recovery Navigator for Virignia Beach, Suffolk, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Portsmouth Areas
Job FamilyCare Management
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/7/2018
Date Requisition Created2/7/2018
License and Certifications - RequiredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesMust be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services.
Must have a vehicle in good, working condition with the ability to travel within the field regularly.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
Knowledge of local system of services, resiliency and recovery principles and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans, wraparound process, and community-based peer, family and parent support organizations and services.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to represent strengths and needs of consumers in clinical settings; must be able to draw from your own experiences.
Ability to summarize and document findings in treatment plans.
Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization.
Understanding of wellness strategies, coping skills and collaborative process.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled