3M HIS Automation Engineer (Silver Spring, MD) at 3M
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: silver spring, Maryland
3M is seeking a Automation Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Murray, UT; Silver Spring, MD. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
As an Automation Engineer, you are building an automated deployment framework that supports the needs of over 70 product / services teams allowing the team to efficiently deploy product updates to production in secure and compliant manner. You will codify security and compliance controls into the deployment framework in order to standardize operating posture. You will work directly with product development teams to understand their requirements, implement solutions that meet their needs and train teams in the proper use of the framework.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create technology to support automated deployment of 3M HIS products and services
- Advise teams on proper use of deployment automation framework
- Codify security and compliance controls into infrastructure and application deployments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of Operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management
- Minimum of three (3) years of production experience with using cloud infrastructure services with AWS services; specifically, EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53.
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of experience of automation of systems administration at the OS and application server level, including automated application deployment using provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt and/or Ansible
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies and CI/CD
- Thorough understanding of HTTP server technologies and REST/JSON interfaces
- Firm understanding of version control systems such as Mercurial and/or git
- Experience with log management tools like Sumo Logic or Splunk
- Firm understanding of networking concepts and technologies
- Understanding with one or more languages: C#, .NET, Go, or Java
- Experience with defining, documenting, and enforcing configuration management processes for a project team
- Creation and maintenance of ALM tools such as JIRA or TFS
- Creation and maintenance of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TFS, or TeamCity
- Creation, maintenance and testing of backup and disaster recovery plans
- Network engineering concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Load Balancers, CDN’s)
- System test tools such as Selenium, Watir
- BS in Computer Science, Information Science, IT, or similar from an accredited university
- Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
See job description.