Assembler III at AMOT
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
The Material Handler will work jointly in the quality and shipping department to achieve the daily responsibilities in both areas as assigned by the manager. The incumbent will serve as an internal and external quality expert that ensures company values are being adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Material Handler works closely with Receiving Inspector and Shipping Coordinator to:
- Organize incoming material in the receiving area using a first-in/first-out method.
- Verify packing lists match the items and quantities received.
- Support the receiving inspection process by entering in purchase order receipts into the ERP system and placing them into arrived status.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn how to read prints and use measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, and thread gauges to inspect items.
- File certificates of conformance and quality documents in supplier folders for records retention.
- Follow work instructions to pack items as needed and directed by the shipping coordinator and Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1- 2 years prior warehouse experience required.
- Prior knowledge in using general metrology equipment (includes height gauges, micrometers, calipers etc.) preferred but willing to train if needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
Specific Skill requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills; written oral, and inter-personal.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- MS Office experience required (E-mail and Basic Excel)
- Working knowledge of a MRP system is preferred
- Ability to operate Powered Industrial Trucks and pass certification.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Material Handler will be working in a non-smoking factory environment with moderate PC work, light to moderate communication via phones and multiple interruptions. Noise level encountered will vary from minimum to moderate. There may be some exposure to chemicals and fumes. (Refer to the COSHH Folder in this department for specific details regarding chemical exposure.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires frequent walking and sitting with occasional standing, stooping, crouching and reaching/working overhead including stairs to climb.
This position requires pushing and lifting/carrying of heavy boxes and parts weighing 35 pounds or more throughout the work shift. Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability