Communication Manager at State Street
Posted in Admin - Clerical 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
The Technology Communications Manager will define communication strategy, create content, and deliver effective communication in support of Global Technology transformation initiatives. As part of the Technology Client Experience team, the Communication Manager works with partners across the technology, business, and marketing organizations and is responsible for a wide-variety of internal and external communication programs.
You will be responsible for a wide-variety of internal and external communications programs to support Technology Transformation initiatives, including:
- Develop, manage and implement a communications and employee engagement strategy that supports a major transformational program, which includes improving the client and employee experience, process improvements, and technology enhancements.
- Provide counsel and support to senior leaders to better communicate the business transformation’s overall vision, strategy, progress and changes to wide variety of audiences.
- Develop effective employee engagement programs to educate, inform and increase support.
- Develop, write and edit presentations, talking points, blogs, Q&A’s, emails, articles.
- Develop creative ways to deliver messages through video and other rich media content.
- Write stories for the company intranet and the company-wide social media platform.
- Partner and collaborate with technology, business, and marketing as needed to develop and deliver effective communication.
- Understanding of the distinctions and benefits of different communications channels—print, online, e-mail, “town hall” meetings, face-to-face meetings, etc.—and ability to clearly articulate specific recommendations to leadership and internal clients.
- Develop and provide reporting and metrics on effectiveness of communications programs.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in internal, external or executive communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, tactical and operational communications plans.
- Ability to influence and counsel senior management.
- Experience leading communications in a highly matrixed, globally diverse organizational structure is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with colleagues from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures to produce content that is interesting and relevant.
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and other content design tools.