Sales Coordinator (AK, Anchorage) at Koniag
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
The Sales Coordinator is responsible for a broad range of sales, purchasing, sourcing, vendor management, contract administration, and inventory control services for resale operations.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
* Primary sales representative for outside customers on day-to-day business matters to include receiving, processing, coordinating, tracking, stocking and shipping orders for product submitted under established business arrangements.
* Primary sales representative for BP customer.
* Provide material certification reports and other vendor data documentation requests as part of the order completion process.
* Identifies prospective customers and emphasizes product features based on analyses of customer needs and knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
* Negotiates prices and terms of sales and service agreements with clients.
* Provides customer quotation and obtains appropriate approvals.
* Works with Engineering to provide functional product recommendations and prototypes to meet customer expectations.
* Surveys and maintains customer service satisfaction.
* Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders; schedule or expedite deliveries and resolve issues.
* Select and recommend suppliers; negotiate price, quality and service.
* Create purchase orders and ensure accuracy.
* Maintain system of ordering materials, supplies and equipment.
* Ensure on-time delivery of material and initiate action for return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
* Track purchasing and inventory data utilizing Quick Books.
* Work with vendor, accounting and project management as needed to resolve billing issues.
* Negotiate and settle issues with suppliers and/or customers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments and cancellations.
* General shipping/receiving and administrative support.
* Serves as the first line of contact for the general public; including customers and vendors by answering phones and greeting walk-in customers. * Maintain MTR (Mill Test Report) database using existing Company software. * Assist in phone back-up and end of year inventory counts. * Other duties as assigned.