Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Michigan City, Indiana
ASSOCIATE COMPLIANCE ENGINEER
Company: Sullair, LLC.
Location: Remote/Home office
Status: Regular, Full-Time
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
The candidate is responsible and accountable for ensuring that products are designed and manufactured in full compliance with all applicable directives, regulations and legislative requirements, both domestic and international. This position will involve extensive cross functional interaction, particularly with engineering, manufacturing, quality, sales and marketing and at all stages of product development from research and pre-development through to post manufacturing support. The role involves being a key and influential member of the business with the prime focus of ensuring that current and future products are designed and manufactured in full compliance with applicable standards, directives, regulations and legislative requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Shall determine regulatory and compliance requirements of new products being developed and engineered orders based on where Sullair Corporation intends to sell the products.
* Shall be responsible for approving Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to ensure that changes made do not affect existing certifications.
* Shall be responsible for working with third-party agencies and government agencies to ensure that products are being certified on time and on budget.
* Shall be responsible for ensuring that certifications of existing certified products remain current and shall keep up with all standard and legal changes that affect the validity of certified products and or new regulatory requirements that affects Sullair products.
* Shall oversee all product certification audits and shall work with other departments to ensure audit success.
* The Compliance Engineer shall ensure that special compliance related documents e.g., Technical Files and Declaration of Conformity are in place for all products that require such documentation.
* Shall be responsible for compliance process improvements.
* Shall perform other duties as assigned.
University Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
* Prior Customer facing experience.
* Familiarity with:
* Engine driven machinery.
* Motor driven machinery.
* Product safety compliance.
* Canadian Registration Number (CRN).
* Third-party certification Agency like UL, CSA, TUV SUD, TUV Rhineland.
* The CE mark.
* The Low Voltage Directive, the Pressure Equipment Directive, the EMC directive, Out Door Noise Emission directive, and the Machinery Directives.
* The EN 1012-1/-2, ISO 13849-1.
* The National Electrical Code.
* Engine Emission requirements for (US, Canada, Europe) etc.
* ASME codes.
* High energy and self-motivated.
* Ability to understand Sullair Portable and Stationary operating systems.
* Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether products or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
* Must have a commercial appreciation with the ability to understand the importance of completing projects on time and to budget.
* Highly computer literate.
* Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate at a high technical level, but also be capable of detailing and explaining complex information in non-technical terms.
* Attention to detail is essential as is a drive to perform tasks properly and thoroughly while adhering to Company guidelines, policies and standard work.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair's Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.
EOE-FEMALES/MINORITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES