IE Intern Omaha, NE at United Parcel Service, Inc
Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
UPS is recruiting for an Engineering Intern. The intern will work individually or on small teams to develop job methods and work measurement for specific internal UPS tasks or jobs. Intern will be trained in Time Measurement and Master Standard Data (MSD) in order to accurately and effectively perform measurement analysis. Completed projects will be presented to the Region Industrial Engineering staff at the end of the summer.
* Develop process improvement and layout changes to increase productivity and profitability.
* Perform operational observation and process documentation.
* Create, analyze and apply original work measurement.
* Monitor and develop productivity standards for functional areas based on work measurement.
* Develop operational volume forecasts and present staffing plans to the IE team.
* Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems.
* Identify exceptions, formulate recommendations, and implement process improvements.
* Provide steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed.
* Conduct cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses and document validation of findings.
Qualifications and Skills
* Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and or Engineering related discipline
* Effective statistical analysis skills
* Effective research and communication skills
* Effective with written and oral communications
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.