Accounts Payable Supervisor at Ports America
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Global reach. Local results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
Summary: The Accounts Payable Supervisor acts as a secondary support for the AP department under the general direction of the AP Manager and Director, Procurement-Accounts Payable. The Supervisor is considered to be a subject matter expert for multiple lines of business and manages the process of timely invoice processing, while serving as an escalation point for accounts payable inquiries. The Supervisor must be able to exercise a high level of independent judgment in order to support the team and other departments in the absence of the Accounts Payable Manager. The role may support a team of up to 8 Accounts Payable employees.
* Assist team with training and process questions and support
* Assist with desk procedures
* Support Inspyrus workflow
* Responds to requests from internal and external customers within 24 hours, through the email@example.com
* Assist with month end close activities, including but not limited to preparation of Inspyrus accrual
* Processes invoices in Oracle /Inspyrus imaging system
* Reconciliation of vendor accounts
* Resolve discrepancies with payments and vendor inquires
* Monitor vendor statement process for aged items
* Troubleshoot issues with invoices and purchase orders
* Performs quarterly, mid-year and year end reviews for AP specialists
* Administrative responsibility for E-time approvals, PTO scheduling and ensuring compliance with Ports America's attendance policies for non-exempt employees
* Coaches and manages Accounts Payable specialists; and provides input to manager and director for specific development plans
* Ensures compliance with internal controls
* Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 5+ years Accounts Payable experience
* Oracle experience, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to communicate effectively through email or phone
* Ability to work within system interface structure
* Advanced Excel skills
* Ability to perform training with others in department
* Highly organized and able to prioritize workload with minimal direction
* Able to meet deadlines and work in fast paced environment
* Strong customer service to internal and external customers
* Strong analytical skills
* Can function effectively in a team environment
* Ability to quickly gather, analyze and summarize data
* Travel - minimal
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled