Project Manager at Motorola
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
* Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
* Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
* Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
* A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
* Involved in the recruitment and management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
* PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
* Understanding of two way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
* Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
* Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
* 5+ years of project/program management or engineering experience or a Bachelor s Degree and 3+ years of project management experience
* Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
This is a field based position supporting a territory comprised of the following states: Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, lllinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. Candidates must live within the territory and be open to travel throughout surrounding states, as needed.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.