EHS Manager - Springdale, AR at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springdale, Arkansas
Job ID: 129907
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
The EHS Manager directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, safety and health programs for the facilities. Creates a real value for the organization by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. Drives safety excellence and performance improvement through real culture change and effective, sustainable management systems. Ensures leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety. Reports directly to the VP of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of proven professional EHS related experience managing Industrial Safety and Health programs.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office
- High energy individual with strong written and excellent interpersonal abilities
- Very knowledgeable with 1910 OSHA Standards to ensure compliance
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail; data analysis and risk assessment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Directs safe working techniques and re-enforces the safety policies, guidelines and procedures to AERT associates
- Works closely with each supervisor and each department to ensure safe work environment
- Designs and ensures all mandatory OSHA & variety of training for all levels of employees and manages through subordinates
- Maintains, reviews and updates EHS policies as needed
- Ensures all accidents/incidents are investigated.
- Provides Daily walk through inspection and guidance -working with management and associates on corrective actions to keep AERT safe and in compliance.
- Identifies possible hazards, evaluates the risk and develops a plan to correct or prevent to ensure effectiveness
- Maintains site preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures
- Maintains all logs, documentation and permits and regulatory requirements·
- Leads the development and use of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards. Drives and assists with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities.
- Actively manages all aspects of compliance (e.g., OSHA, company standards). Ensures ownership resides with the appropriate roles within the organization.
- Identifies EHS development and training needs.
- Ensures a system exists to develop, manage, deliver, track, and document needed and required training.
- Ensures training is provided by properly qualified persons, and that training is effective (e.g., though documented demonstration of competency).
- Actively shares and seeks out knowledge (e.g., best practices, lessons learned, franchising of EHS programs).
- Ensures change is identified, and proactively and effectively managed.
- Drives continuous improvement through the use of tool and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets (leading and lagging indicators); and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent.
- Utilizes training and development plans to grow EHS knowledge and skills.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.