Power Plant Water Chemist at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is searching for a Power Plant Water Chemist for the mill in Muskogee, OK. This role is responsible for the principles, practices, techniques, and technology of the power plant water treatment system. This position is also responsible for maintaining records and data for reporting, and using that information to make recommendations and proactively drive improvements. If you are someone who likes to drive process improvements and values compliance and safety, apply today!
Located on the Kerr-McClellan Navigational Channel (Arkansas River) on about 640 acres of land, the Muskogee Consumer Products Operation spans across approximately 70 acres of manufacturing and warehouse space. The mill employs approximately 830 employees. We are the second largest employer in the Muskogee, OK area and 45th in the state! Our facility operates on 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week, 365 days per year; housing 2 of the 13 largest tissue machines in the world and paper machines that produce an average of 900 tons of paper per day. We produce approximately 100,000 cases per day and more than 2.4 million finished product cases that are loaded and shipped from this mill each month. Our finished product consists of a mix of 40% Retail and 60% Commercial.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Leading the Power Plant Chemical Process Safety program
- Performing new chemical safety reviews and training operators, for all chemicals entering the department
- Performing water chemistry analysis
- Maintaining proper water chemistries for boilers, cooling towers, and river process water
- Operating and maintaining demineralizer trains, condensate polishers, iron filters, amine polishers, river water clarifiers and cooling tower systems
- Inspecting and evaluating boiler waterside internals during shutdowns
- Monitoring mill condensate hardness and working with other departments to resolve issues
- Supervising the unloading of chemical trucks
- Managing the water treatment tanks and pump mechanical integrity programs
- Maintaining monthly chemical usage and inventory, ordering the chemicals and reagents as needed
- Accounting for total costs and savings associated with water treatment
- Charting process control metrics to diagnose issues and take action before problems occur
- Developing a complete asset strategy for all water treatment equipment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of water chemistry experience
- Experience managing industrial equipment and processes
- Willing and able to work occasional weekends
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Power Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with water chemistry
- Leadership experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf