Senior Production Planner at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
What we offer:
- Ensure that the operating system data is accurate including certain adhesive product critical master fields.
- Maintain accurate information; production and inventory lot sizes, inventory safety stocks, manufacturing and raw material supply lead times.
- Demand planning and management; convert and integrate each order’s manufacturing requirements into the existing plant production and distribution forecast and execute (inventory safety stock levels, seasonal fluctuations of production demand and historical trends of production)
- Create production schedule and monitor production progress; weekly plant production schedule, status reports from planning systems (SAP); current allocation of machine and labor resources, status of raw material, intermediate, bulk, packaging and etc. availability.
- Provide reporting to management of productivity on weekly basis and facilitating daily production meetings; identify delay or quality issues and address to team leads for resolution.
- New product development: Partner with research and development, product management, process engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, logistics, data management teams, customers and vendors to plan and manufacture experimental products, including experimental raw material, experimental recipe, experimental manufacturing instruction and etc.
- Must be able to balance effectively the demands for factory equipment and labor to satisfy the demands of new product development with the needs of sales and customers to produce and deliver existing products on schedule.
- Maintain inventory at planned levels; ensure lowest cost of production, minimize inventory and maximize supply chain value (ex. using analysis tools to calculate JIT “just in time delivery”)
- Work closely with all supply chain to improve and minimize cost of production while ensure production is on time; use key performance measures such as ECSL (External customer service level), production backlog development, Inventory level, production quantity, wasted production time and resources due to errors in planning, wrong materials on hand and etc.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, operations management or related field
- 3+ yrs. in MRP (Material requirements planning) / DRP (Demand requirements planning) in manufacturing
- 5+ years combination of education and experience in supply chain management, demand planning, inventory control and materials management
- APICS CPIM, ISO, OSHAS certified high technology manufacturing environment is preferred not required
- Understanding of applied science and technology, especially chemistry technology is a plus
- Capable to develop and implement production planning for manufacturing serving various industrial industries
- Understand and master manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment capabilities
- Proven track record of cost reduction, supply chain key performance indicators
- production performance (like Overall Equipment Effectiveness), customer service level (on time delivery)
- Experience operating ERP systems, such as SAP or BPCS, focus in planning, purchasing, operations, warehouse and logistics modular
- Advanced proficiency in EXCEL, especially lookup and reference, pivot table and VBA functions
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career