Seasonal Production Laborer - Wyoming, RI at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wyoming, Rhode Island
Job ID: 129935
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to maintenance, clean up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, material handling and other. Manually move freight, stock, or raw materials and finished materials or perform other general labor. Includes all manual laborers not elsewhere classified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Keeps work area clean
- Uses personal protection equipment at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Report any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- Clean-up to keep of machinery and maintain the surrounding area keeping them free of debris up during down time
- Cleans machines and conveyors
- Cleans floors and picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
Utility / Production
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Assists lead operator in preparing for shift production
- Work closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation machine in which you assist
- May be required to work with conveyors, ramps, elevators, etc. as assigned
- May be required to operate equipment such as hoppers, bagging and sealer machines, forklift, palletizers, hydraulic equipment, powered tractors or vehicles, among other. Internal certification/training is required for these tasks
- Operate a variety of hand tools
Yard / Warehouse
- Assists in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assists in completing shipping/receiving documents
- Packages and labels products properly
- Handle stockpiles
- Verify loads leaving the premises
- Maintain, verify and count product inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Previous production experience preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Able to pass internal certification training
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must keep key lock with self at all times
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. from ground level
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.