Vendor Services Organization Contract Specialist at Chubb
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
This position is responsible for providing professional contract management,
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
negotiation, redlining, interpretation, and enforcement for both information
technology and corporate arrangements with third party vendors. This position
will be located in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey and report to the V.P
Global Contracts-North America.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review/assess contract language and business terms against
business unit and corporate objectives and requirements
- Redline/draft proposed modifications to contract language as
- Define contract negotiation strategies; conduct contract
negotiations; manage contracts throughout the contract lifecycle
- Facilitate the development, review, approval and execution of
master agreements, outsourcing agreements, license agreements, amendments, statements
of work, change orders/requests, contract schedules/addendums, etc.
- Identify savings and synergy opportunities as applicable
- Perform contract interpretation as assigned
- Resolve post-execution contract related issues/disputes as
- Engage/Work with Legal Counsel as appropriate in accordance with
corporate policy to develop and incorporate legal protections into company
- Record and track all executed contract transactions; track and
report on planned, in-process and executed contracts
- Develop relationships with, and act as a liaison between, applicable
business area stakeholders and Chubb’s Global Vendor Contracts
Organization. Communicate and enforce
corporate contracting and vendor management policies.
- Perform and/or support other contract and vendor management
projects/duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must possess strong contract expertise and knowledge in both
information technology and corporate (non-IT) professional services, subscription
services, third-party product licensing, maintenance services, outsourcing
services, office services, and equipment/products.
- Strong knowledge of legal contract terminology, terms and
- 7+ years of experience in managing, negotiating, drafting, and redlining
complex third-party vendor contracts
- Knowledge and experience negotiating contracts for on-shore and
off-shore services for North America and enterprise-wide use
- Broad knowledge of sourcing and third-party vendor negotiation
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented; able to prioritize
projects to meet deadlines; and able handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including
ability to collaborate with and influence all managerial levels in the
- Demonstrates self-initiative, creative thinking, sound reasoning,
and analytical skills
- Proficient in standard office technologies
(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Certification(s) in contract negotiation
- Knowledge of IT concepts and solutions
- Experience developing, documenting and implementing contracting policies and procedures
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to Bob Quaintance at Bob.Quaintance@chubb.com.