Supvr Customer Advocacy at New Jersey American Water
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Merrick, New York
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Monitor and manage the daily activities of assigned Customer Advocacy personnel in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Field customer complaints (in writing, on phone and online through social media), and analyze, research, and resolve complex issues involving these complaints, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are consistently met.
- Support the CSC and regional FRCC by identifying areas for improvement and providing and implementing local solutions to increase customer service and operational efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
- Interact with back office personnel in various departments to affect activities including service order completion and follow up, regulatory compliant response, local operational complaint resolution, and effective local customer communications.
- Work with the communications director and public affairs consultant, help to identify and execute opportunities to raise and enhance the company's reputation, leveraging key community outreach initiatives that align with company goals.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business.
- Promote policies and procedures to ensure that departmental performance targets are met.
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business. Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends.
- Expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
Dealing Effectively with Direct Reports
Managing / Measuring Work
Experience / Education
- 3-5 years’ experience effectively solving customer issues, complaints and inquiries, with a proven record of driving process improvement while keeping customer satisfaction at its core.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.