Accountant II - Supply Chain Cost Accounting - Tampa at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
Location(s):United States of America
Job Posting End Date:
Position Overview:As a member of Supply Chain Cost Accounting team, this position will actively partner with operations, supply chain finance, procurement and GL group, in order to understand, analyze, and interpret related costs for their respective unit(s), ensuring timely and accurate completion of month end financial results, and participate in annual budget planning. Position is responsible for performing general ledger account analysis, balance sheet/P&L reviews, and processing intercompany invoices timely and accurately. Position ensures that all balance sheet accounts are accurately reconciled monthly and all discrepancies are researched and resolved timely. A key role of this position is to identify and resolve quantity and pricing variances with stock transfer orders and orders to customers. Also, this position will set up standard cost and sourcing to allow movement of material between company owned plants and co-packers. This position is responsible for the correct application of Sarbanes Oxley, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Standard Accounting Manual.
Function Specific Activities:
- 30% Monthly financial close including journal entries, balance sheet/P&L reviews, and balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure financials are closed timely and accurately while following all CCNA GAP and SOX guidelines. Presenting financial close to key stakeholders.
- 35% Variance analysis and explanations – Analyze quantity and pricing variances with plant to plant shipments, shipments to customers and intercompany shipments. Identify course of action to correct variance and work with appropriate parties on resolution. Propose write offs to clear unresolved items.
- 35% Process intercompany and vendor invoices timely and accurately
- Team Skills/Collaboration – Work effectively in a team environment
- Thinking Analytically - Analyze information to provide clear and concise recommendations
- Exercising Judgment – Generate alternatives and assist in selecting the best option
- Project Management/Prioritizing – Ensure the timely completion of designated objectives
- Speaking and Writing – Clearly articulate relevant ideas, opinions and information
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of absorption accounting and standard costing
- GRIR Reconciliation experience helpful
- 1-3 Years of Accounting Experience including Month End Close and Financial Statements required
- Cost accounting Experience with an ERP or MRP system is preferred
- Excellent analytical approach
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Solid business writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; knowledge of advanced Excel functionality and knowledge of Access is preferred.
- Flexibility to adjust work load and hours when necessary.
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
APPLY BY UPLOCATING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
Years of Experience:1-2 Years Experience
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.