Java Developer II at XPO Logistics SC Corporate
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the Software Developer II Java, your focus will be troubleshooting and understanding problems with new and existing software, and creating resolutions. If you’re ready to grow your career—to go bigger and better—we have an opportunity for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide in-depth technical web application programming expertise that meets technical specifications and business requirements
- Serve as a team member to analyze business problems and propose software solutions; mentor junior programmers in the department
- Provide estimates and create functional specifications and detailed design specifications for programs to be developed; convert system designs and technical specifications into program code for complex applications
- Develop, test, and maintain complex application software; comply with project standards and processes related to producing quality software products and documentation, and provide project management for moderately-sized, complex efforts
- Debug and troubleshoot existing program codes and correct errors as required; provide Level-2 support to resolve systems-related issues
- Apply software releases to production in a controlled, methodical manner, and verify systems are stable after patch application
- Participate as high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for third-party customers; work with technical staff to understand problems with software, and develop specifications to resolve them
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3 years of experience in architecting and developing large, scalable, distributed or web-based applications
- Availability to work periodic 24x7 on-call support as required by team’s scheduled rotation
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.