Materials & Scheduling Manager at Overhead Door Corporation
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
The position will responsible for materials management along with planning and controlling master production scheduling in a configure-to-order / build-to-order environment.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Review and coordinate production scheduling daily to adjust as appropriate for customer requirements of lower-level items and machined parts. Advise appropriate parties in production and sales of changes in the schedule.
- Monitor material requirements planning for purchased items, ensuring plans will support production schedules.
- Balance production and inventory levels with demand to support targets to satisfy customer needs, inventory turn goals and capacity utilization/staffing requirements.
- Institute and manage best-practice business metrics to measure performance of the planning and scheduling functions.
- Develop and review monthly Sales & Operating Plan summaries including demand, inventory and production data
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Publish and perform root cause analyses on key metrics including Customer Service Level, Actual vs. Scheduled Production levels and Master Schedule effectiveness.
- Interact frequently with sales, marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel to effectively balance supply and demand to develop plans to achieve customers’ needs.
- Effectively utilize the Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) and Enterprise Business System (EBS) in performance of duties and responsibilities. Maintain accurate and timely information in the system as it pertains to the master scheduling function.
- Enter orders into the production schedules based on the Master Schedule and requested customer delivery dates, availability of raw materials, and equipment.
- Process back orders, sales orders, and parts orders.
- Review New Product Introductions, and Promotion calendar to ensure that Supply Chain can support all program requirements.
- Determine customer order ship dates (order promising) based on material availability/lead times, current production schedules and production capacities. Resolve conflicts to support target ship dates.
- Expedite critical jobs through the assembly, test, and inspection processes.
- Provide Purchasing with material demand through Oracle.
- Participate in Daily Production Meeting focused on schedule compliance and issues resolution.
- Prioritize schedules to support end item build plans. Keep assembly status/progress records of sub-assembly and end item updated continuously during the movement of these materials between the various functional areas.
- Occasional travel to plant in Matamoros, MX. is required.
- Participate in excess and obsolete (E&O) inventory analysis, identifying and recommending E&O material dispositions.
- Coordinate production scheduling of subcontractor(s) and movements of materials/product to/from subcontractor(s).
Educational & Qualifications Requirements:
- Bachelor degree with emphasis in Business or Management required.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in discrete manufacturing planning and scheduling using formal MRP-Supply Chain Planning and ERP system (preferably Oracle) with 2 years of leadership experience required.
- Heavy exposure or direct experience in material planning, purchasing and inventory management required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a computerized production planning system such as MRP II.
- Ability to work as a team and participate in projects that involve or impact several departments.
- APICS certification highly desirable.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.