Meter Reader - Fairborn at Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio
Posted in Accounting 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
This opportunity will be at Fairborn, Ohio location. Fairborn is minutes away from Dayton Ohio, the birthplace of aviation and home to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. Enjoy outdoor activities? Fairborn offers recreational areas, multiple sports fields, fishing and hiking. Explore the heirloom gardens at Mercer Smith House, which are considered Ohio’s best. Average commute time is 20 minutes, but also an easy drive to Indianapolis, Louisville, and Nashville.
What you will be doing
- Measuring gas usage of customers utilizing automated meter reading equipment and manually reading meters
- Performing limited service orders and collections activities
What you bring
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Capable of physically and mentally working on gas facilities
- Capable of learning safety rules associated with job duties and follow same
- Self-motivated with ability to work well with others
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to bend, climb, crawl, stoop, lift and maintain body balance
- Ability to endure exposure to outside elements in all seasons and undesirable conditions
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers
- Required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles
- Required to be available to work overtime
It would be awesome if you have
- Computer skills
What we bring to you
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
- Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
- Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.