Research Aide - Microbiology at West Virginia University
Posted in Education 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The West Virginia University Research Corporation for the Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology is seeking applications for a part-time Research Aide. This position is responsible for the daily operations related to research projects and laboratory use, following prescribed protocols established by the Principle Investigator and the research team. The incumbent assists in gathering sample data and preparing it for research projects.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Observe and record data for the purpose of research initiatives.
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Prepare specimens, reagents, media and solutions.
- Maintain accurate records and report statistics.
- Perform maintenance on lab equipment.
- Perform analysis of research data and summarize information.
- Perform established procedures for the handling, storage and disposal of biohazard substances.
- Maintain laboratory inventories of supplies, equipment, records and files.
- Associates degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and experience
- Related work experience is preferred
- Ability to read and write in English and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to learn laboratory duties, methods, procedures and safety principles
- Skilled in the use of basic laboratory, greenhouse and field equipment
- Ability to comprehend and execute oral and written directions
Ability to record accurate readings from instruments