Restoration Project Management Intern at OMG Midwest, Inc
Posted in Information Technology 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lakeland, Minnesota
Job ID: 129941
Hardrives, Inc. an Oldcastle Materials Company, was established in 1963 in St. Cloud, Minnesota with asphalt paving as its primary business. From the largest highway construction project to the simplest paving repair, we bring experience, skill, and commitment to everything we do in order to provide quality results every time. Throughout the years, we have made significant investments every year in training, safety, and quality improvement programs. For over 50 years, Hardrives inc. has been the paving contractor-of-choice for major government, commercial, and residential projects.
Restoration Project Management Intern
Oldcastle Materials Group/Central Division
The Restoration Project Management Intern will work on gaining an overall understanding of how projects are successfully estimated, contracted, managed and installed. This is an ideal position for someone who is wanting to gain a better understanding on the construction industry. Terra Services, a division of Hardrives, is a large diversified asphalt paving company that provides erosion control, seeding, restoration and landscape services to both public and private sectors.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Sourcing and reviewing potential projects for business development
- Uncovering details in plans and specifications.
- Gathering information for proposals.
- Daily logs of work performed.
- Tracking field measurements and materials used.
- Creating work orders for crews.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a college degree program and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement’s impact on financial results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- Must be able to exert 10 lbs. frequently to move objects and/or up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
American Concrete Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
American Concrete Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.