Process Technician at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Process Technician is responsible for the hands-on operation and maintenance of automated blow molding and injection molding equipment.
- Performs basic troubleshooting.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests.
- Performs quality control checks, and helps maintain customer requirements, according to specifications by bottle types and various dimensions.
- Enter downtime and scrap into PICS.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Plastics Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or a similar technical area or previous experience will be considered
- Team oriented
- Self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training