Engineer - Systems and Controls at Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
|Title:||Engineer - Systems and Controls|
|Division:||Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02)|
|Location:||AMI East- AMI- Ave Maria, FL (US05)|
This position will be located at the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL.
Manage Systems and Controls Engineering projects by providing technical expertise for automation needs associated with factory startups, a corporate-wide manufacturing execution system (MES) implementation, and other operations-oriented opportunities. Serve as a driver of Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. (AMI) Operations and Global Information Services (GIS) partnership to define, implement and improve manufacturing data collection and analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit technical expertise in Business Intelligence (BI) software and manufacturing device connectivity
- Responsible for dashboards and KPI’s; and team contributor for MES
- Develop daily production analysis applications that compare required performance standards with actual performance
- Administer proper and timely training of shop supervisors, crew coordinators, and operators
- Formulate training delivery plans and documentation, managing delivery of technical content to employees
- Gather user requirement specifications and test against them
- Exhibit technical leadership and expertise in implementing MTConnect agent and adapter technology
- Exhibit technical leadership and expertise in supporting process monitoring and control systems for plastic injection molding applications
- Develop queries to retrieve and analyze data from MSSQL and Oracle databases
- Utilize statistical analysis, engineering studies, design of experiments, and daily process troubleshooting to drive continuous improvement results
- Coordinate activities of GIS and Operations related to networking equipment
- Collaborate with machine builders to adhere to Arthrex equipment specifications
- Serve as a project management team contributor for critical AMI factory projects
- Accountable for successful project deliveries within timeline, budget and scope
- Troubleshoot existing operations
- Program and modify high level language programs
- Travel as required
- Participate in maintenance of MES systems, 24/7, in support of manufacturing operations while complying with GMP requirements
- Ensure compliance with change control and validation protocols
- Interact with engineering, GIS, vendors, contractors, production, and management to identify and analyze continuous improvement initiatives for all system applications.
- Provide manufacturing with technical and operations training and author standard operating procedures for applications
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in EE, EET, ET, CS, CE or similar discipline
- Minimum five years of experience required in a discrete manufacturing environment that includes electrical controls experience
- Must have Business Intelligence (BI) experience
- Experience as a contributor in a large-scale factory startup operation preferred
- Project management experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills and Familiarity:
- Significant experience with PLC controlled equipment
- Thorough knowledge of PLC programming OPC client/server architectures (preferably Kepware)
- Experience with industrial robots and material handling interlocks
- Motion Controls:
- AC Servo motion controls
- Stepper controls and programming
- VFDs, Soft-Starters
- Vision Systems:
- Cognex advanced machine vision & industrial barcode reader systems
- Design Software
- AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical
- Knowledge of factory networks including: TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, RSLinx
- Knowledge of IOT, Wireless I/O, RFID, and Barcode
- Experienced with HMI (Human Machine Interface) Software
Languages: C#, XML, PL/SQL, MSSQL stored procedures
Databases: Oracle 11g or 12c, MS SQL Server 2014
Applications: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Microsoft Power BI, XML Spy, Business Objects/SAP, Visual Studio.NET
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.