Desktop Engineer, Senior at Cook Children's Health Care System
Posted in Health Care 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Fort Worth, TexasJob Description:
Summary: An independent contributing IT professional within the Desktop Engineering family developing and applying technical expertise in two or more IT disciplines that support Cook Children's technical infrastructure.
Primary focus will be on Windows printer server administration and will include the following day to day responsibilities:
- Serve as an escalation point for printer / printing issues
- Monitor and remediate any system health concerns of Enterprise Print Services on Microsoft print servers within the production environment.
- Support maintenance and updates of configuration or recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Support improvement of performance and availability standards of the technical solutions through continual service improvement.
- Support compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensure problems, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Work with vendors as directed to ensure appropriate and timely resolution of widespread and/or complex printing related issues.
- Position requires at least 5 years of direct experience and a high school diploma or equivalent OR an Associates Degree in IS and at least 4 years of direct experience.
- BA/BS degree in IS or Business is preferred.
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur requiring remote troubleshooting or on-site troubleshooting.
- Print Server Administrator experience working with Windows Print Services on Windows 2008 and 2012 servers.
- Day-to-Day sustainment of an enterprise print services environment.
- Knowledge of core features to include networking, Active Directory, domain controllers, DHCP, DNS, and virtual integration in enterprise environment.
Other responsibilities may include: Supporting desktop and laptop Windows based operating systems, computer hardware troubleshooting, application monitoring and support, system based monitoring utilizing respective enterprise level monitoring tools, Microsoft Office and Exchange troubleshooting, active directory group policy and security troubleshooting, system imaging utilizing enterprise level tools, network and telecommunications tier-1 and tier-2 level troubleshooting, mentorship of junior level desktop engineering staff, purchasing and fiscal responsibility and oversight of system replacement and spare part hardware components.
Jobs in this family are responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, installing, and/or deploying technologies. In addition, they are responsible for the establishment, development, and promotion of standard architectures, as well as hardware and software components. This role provides consulting services to application development teams and/or customers regarding technologies and the application of specific technology standards.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet