EMS Education Coordinator (Emergency Education Center) 100% FTE, Day at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join UW Health’s REMARKABLE team!
We are seeking an EMS Education Coordinator to:
- Help maintain the Emergency Education Center’s (EEC) status in the State of Wisconsin as an American Heart Association approved Training Center for Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS).
- Act as liaison to the AHA.
- Participate in coordinating activities with other faculty in the EEC Program. This includes assessment of educational needs, development of training objectives and curriculum, and monitoring evaluation and feedback.
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field.
Minimum – Two years teaching experience in American Health Association Provider courses.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Wisconsin State licensure as a Registered Nurse or Wisconsin State licensure as an EMT-Paramedic. Current AHA Instructor in BLS, ACLS, PALS, ACLS-EP or must obtain within six months from date of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in American Heart Association operations/policies and procedures as pertain to administration of a community training center.
- Capability to provide leadership for all organizations and personnel affiliated with the EEC as pertains to TC activities
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in emergency medical services/critical care theory, skills, and practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as ability to formally present to both large and small groups.
- Ability to work in a changing/dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make knowledgeable clinical assessments and judgments.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the scope of practice in all levels of EMS.
- Ability to educate all levels of clinical, non-clinical and EMS personnel.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Work Schedule: 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. This position is Days, Monday - Friday, rarely on Saturday, with 8 hour shifts between 8:00am - 5:00pm. Some shifts may fall on a Saturday, but it would be rare. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.