Sr Tax Analyst - Controversy at Perrigo
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Grand Rapids, MichiganJob Description:
Accounting/Finance • Allegan, Michigan
This role will also have some involvement with financial reporting (ASC 740, FIN48 and SOX), ensuring all federal, state, local and international income tax returns are completed and filed, and researching and resolving tax issues.
Other duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies, gathers, interprets and validates tax planning information to assist management with tax accounting consequences and reports.
- Stays current on regulatory, legislative and international tax changes.
- Assists in the maintenance of the department's electronic systems and ensures that they are utilized effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a closely related field is required, a CPA designation and/or MST is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in public accounting and/or detailed tax experience in a large corporation is required.
- Computer literacy and advanced skills in the use of accounting/tax software along with a working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and CorpTax or similar tax software is strongly desired.
- Should possess a working knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, as well as financial reporting (including ASC 740, FIN 48 and SOX).
- Strong analytical skills, a high level of attention to details, and the ability to work independently toward multiple concurrent deadlines are essential to this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.