Business Analyst II at First Data Corporation
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marietta, Georgia
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data Network and Security Solutions provides a wide range of value-added technology solutions to financial institutions of all sizes, enterprise clients and small businesses. Network Solutions include Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) network services, such as STAR debit and ATM processing, and prepaid network services, including Valuelink, MoneyNetwork, Transaction Wireless, and Gyft. Security Solutions include best-in-class solutions such as TransArmor and TeleCheck, and our suite of advanced fraud prevention solutions. NSS also supports our other digital strategies including mobile payments and online and mobile banking
Position Description Overview
This role requires an advanced (and working) knowledge of Excel and Sales Force. The focus of this role is first to understand what metrics and actions sales leadership requires of its business consultants. The role, then entails working together with leadership to support, maintain, and create multiple reports / spreadsheets on a daily, weekly, monthly, or ad-hoc basis so that Sales Leaders and Business Consultants will best be able to understand how to better run their respective businesses. This should develop into additional responsibilities such as report creation and in-depth business analysis / intelligence. The goal for this person is to assist with pulling data and presenting this data in a visual format that provides intelligent analysis to any reporting ask.
- Must be able to think creatively and have an attention to detail. Quick adaptability and willingness to go above and beyond the job description.
- 2+ years experience in using, manipulating, and creating reporting constructs within Excel, SalesForce, and Avaya preferable.
- Listening skills, teachability, and the ability to understand the First Data sales process are necessary as well.
- College Education is preferred but not an absolute requirement.
Scope of Job
Problem identification. Understand current business procedures, problems with those current procedures, and possible solutions that use current modeling technology. This includes data gathering and exploration, research into current industry trends, and what competitors might be doing.
Work under less direct supervision with some latitude for independent judgment. Consult with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience.
Job Requirements (Preferred)
- 3+ years experience managing internal client relationships through reporting and analytics.
- Experience in treasury management, banking, and/or telecommunications/call center experience preferred, or equivalent military experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications.
- High proficiency in using Excel and creating charts and pivot table.
- Proficient in using MS Access.
- 4-year college degree in Business Administrations or Information Technology.
- Project Management
- Process Management
- Measurement of Effectiveness
- Business Assessment
- Requirements Analysis
- Knowledge of Product Line
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.