Sr. Financial Analyst - Clinical Trials at Boston Medical Center
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Profile Summary
Under the general supervision of the Director, Clinical Trial Office, facilitates the financial management associated with planning, negotiating, setting up, managing, and closing out clinical research studies. Primary responsibilities include evaluating study protocols and developing accurate budgets. Duties include meeting with research personnel in a collaborative effort to identify and quantify pertinent information impacting clinical trial finances, distinguish between billable (standard of care or SOC) and non-billable costs and ensure overall adherence to Federal compliance in the budgeting process. This individual will also be a central resource to Program Administrators, Principal Investigators, and Grants Administration personnel. He/she serves as a primary resource on the business aspects of clinical research and maintains appropriate records and databases.
Works with the study teams to develop coverage analyses, clinical trial budgets, and reports to track and monitor receivables. Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations. Creates and analyzes clinical trial financial reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Communicates findings and makes recommendations to Director and members of each study team as appropriate. Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal clinical trial accounts.
Bachelor's Degree required, with preference for concentration in Economics, Business, Accounting or Finance. Master's Degree highly desired.
Minimum of five years professional experience in research administration or a financial analysis/ accounting function.
* Advanced MS Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint skills. Experience with or ability to learn Lawson LBI, SDK, and additional application systems.* Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
* Strong financial management/forecasting skills. Ability to interpret financial data and operating metrics.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize work is essential.
* Ability to meet deadlines and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Requires superior interpersonal skills to effectively work and communicate with all levels of clinical trial personnel and staff inside and outside of the Department of Research.
* Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
* Experience working within a medical organization and team environment is strongly desired