Diesel Mechanic at Waste Connections
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kodiak, Alaska
Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationKodiak, Alaska
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work at Alaska Waste in Kodiak, AK. This is a full-time position in which you will be working 40+ hours on weekdays; occasional weekend work may be required.
This is a one-person shop where you will maintain 10 pieces of equipment performing anything from Preventative Maintenance, Brakes, Diagnostics and more. We offer competitive pay, plus a $700/year tool allowance.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com and/or call Shannon at 360-566-6923
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Mechanical repairs to all Alaska Waste vehicles, to include independent diagnosis and repair of engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical, hydraulic systems, brake repair and replacement, tire repair and/or replacement, etc.
- Welding and vehicle-washing associated with the above duties
- Driving, loading, unloading, and operating various collection vehicles, forklifts, and/or other vehicles in order to facilitate job duties or route work during vacation season.
- Operating vehicle in accordance with all DOT, OSHA state, and federal requirements
- Safety of vehicle and equipment Operating various types of electrical diagnostic equipment, overhead crane, truck hoist, forklift, electric and gas welding equipment, etc.
- Inputting information into our RTA fleet maintenance program
- 1 year of previous experience performing general mechanical repairs required; 3 years preferred. 1 year heavy truck/equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds
- Class B commercial driver’s license preferred; ability to obtain one within the first 90 days required.
- Must have own tools
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: relocation assistance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". EOE Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Certification(s):Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation