Bilingual Student Success Coach ($20+ per hour) at Universal Technical Institute
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID: 3571
The Student Success Coach advises and supports future students in the enroll to show process by building rapport, overcoming objections, problem solving and keeping students focused, excited and motivated to come to school. The SSC works with Admissions, Student Services and Financial Aid to ensure a positive student experience from enrollment to show to avoid any obstacles that would keep student from starting school.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Supports future students and supporter(s) through initial and ongoing contact. Provides the best possible customer experience during every interaction by using a call flow to build rapport, summarize the call topic, resolve open issues, motivate, review overall status and recap next steps.
• Utilize soft skills to listen, empathize, inform, create two-way dialogue, build enthusiasm and create urgency.
• Documents all interactions with students and supporter(s); processes student status changes requested by Admissions Representative.
• Recognizes hidden issues and offers helpful and creative solutions to assist students and supporter(s) in addressing any barriers that could prevent the student from starting school.
• Determines student’s motivation and positions value of UTI related to student’s specific goals.
• Works collaboratively with Student Services, Financial Aid and Admissions to fully understand each student’s situation in order to determine the student’s likelihood of starting school and to develop an accurate projection of the upcoming start dates. Participate in Accountability Meetings and Registration/Orientation.
• Communicates and partners with Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services, Employment Services, Accounting and Education to support the needs of the students and improve operational outcomes such as show rate, retention, persistence and student/supporter(s) satisfaction.
• Maintains student caseload of approximately 500-1000 students while operating off exception based reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Minimum (3) three years prior customer service experience required
• Minimum two (2) years advising and supporting students preferred
• Industry knowledge or experience preferred
• Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Strong analytical skills
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds or less 5% of the workday
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for most or all of the workday
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard to do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.