CP Admin Assistant/People Services Coord at Universal Technical Institute
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bloomfield, New Jersey
Job ID: 3563
Provides administrative support to Campus President and coordinates local People Services activities for campus/site team.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Provides People Services support to all campus employees by processing all people services paperwork and ensuring forms are completed accurately and submitted to appropriate designee at home office; coordinating and conducting new hire orientation; coordinate and facilitate benefits open enrollment activities with Home Office support and assisting employees with benefits and leave of absence process questions; supports the performance evaluation process; enters supervisory changes into HRIS system; ensures federal and state required postings are ordered and posted and maintain OSHA 300 log; ensuring employee accidents are reported to UTI’s Workers’ Compensation carrier within 24 hours of incident; and administering service award program.
• Supports hiring managers in the hiring process by answering questions and coordinating candidate interviews as requested; coordinating pre-employment drug and background screening for candidates; generating new hire offers in the applicant tracking system; and closing requisitions when appropriate; main point of contact for campus temporary agency needs; ensuring all managers receive the exit summary for departing employees and paperwork is submitted timely when an employee leaves employment with UTI.
• Provides administrative support to Campus President. Responsibilities vary: i.e., creating and typing letters, memorandums, and reports, managing schedule / calendar, coordinating travel, and answering phones; maintaining local organizational charts; coordinates local events; maintaining official documents/records for campus and up-to-date filing system.
• Assists with accreditation/regulatory and other campus/agency specific activities and programs by submitting instructor and administrator certification information to the home office compliance team; preparing and submitting state license and accreditation renewals, new program/modified program applications, and other state licensing and accreditation notifications/renewals/modifications; coordinate campus site visits by accrediting board and state representatives.
• Coordinates student accident reporting process by collecting all accident reports and maintaining a filing system; assist students with questions; escalate concerns to vendor (campus specific)
• Coordinates campus payroll process by inputting time into consolidated payroll sheet (exempt/non-exempt), and/or auditing payroll time sheet submittal (campus specific)
• Perform the obligations of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) including data collection and reporting under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High School diploma or GED
• 3 - 5 years administrative experience
• Prior Human Resources experience preferred
• For profit education experience is a plus
• ACCSC accreditation experience is a plus
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Computer Skills (Microsoft Office products)
• Customer Service Skills
• Organization Skills
• Communication Skills (verbal and written)
• Multi-Tasking and Time Management Skills; can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.