Storage Admin at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Summit, New Jersey
We are looking for Storage Admin for an immediate need. This is a client facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various client managers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Resolve complex enterprise system hardware and software problems; collaborate with peer teams and vendors to coordinate solutions.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Interface with business clients and technology staff to implement solutions that meet business needs and addresses impact of new or revised applications on existing infrastructure; this includes the installation and testing of new enterprise system software and hardware releases.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of new hardware and software developments; evaluate alternative. approaches and recommend new software or modifications to enhance operations and development activities.
· Facilitate generation and/or implementation of new ideas for enhancements and improvements.
· Provide on-call, 24X7 support, as required.
· Experience operating in a large enterprise environment and understanding the implementation of systems at scale.
· Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high .performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work
· Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans.
· Experience in Enterprise Class Solutions and services including Storage (EMC VNX5700,EMC VNX 8000, ISILON, EMC Recover point, XTREMIO, Centera, etc. ), PURE Storage, Cisco SAN Fabric, EMC Networker, Data Domain, Avamar,Enterprise Tape and disk based back-up infrastructure, VERITAS Volume Manager, EMC Power Path, Multi-pathing configuration, Fail-Over, Replication.
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.