Warehouse Associate at Hajoca Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hawthorne, California
Warehouse Associate Hawthorne, CA
Hajoca Corporation is the nation's largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca provides the benefits of a large company while maintaining the freedom and opportunity of a small run business. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca's proven business principles of "Service, Integrity, Reliability."
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you safety-conscious and service-oriented? Do you possess the attention to detail necessary to ensure the accurate fulfillment of customer orders? If so, then Hajoca Hawthorne, a division of Hajoca Corporation, would like you to join the dedicated team as a Warehouse teammate.
Our team has been servicing the Los Angeles and Orange County community for 6 years offering the very best in commercial plumbing contractor materials. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
Warehouse teammates are responsible for counting, verifying, and receiving incoming vendor shipments and customer return material, stocking and maintaining the warehouse, and picking, documenting, and packing customer orders. As a Warehouse teammate with Hajoca your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, count, and verify incoming shipments
- Stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness, order and safety
- Pick materials for orders, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up
- Load/unload trucks and operate a forklift safely
- Monitor inventory levels and stock depletions that could impact customer service
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness, order, and safety. Remove empty cartons, pallets, and other debris. Inform immediate supervisor of safety issues.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401 (k) and retirement cash account
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Skills and Experience
As a Warehouse teammate, you must be service-oriented and have a high level of attention to detail. An unwavering commitment to safety is essential.
All interested applicants must possess:
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1 years warehouse or material handling experience
- The ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
- Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
- Possess basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word)
- Have previous experience using an inventory management system (Eclipse)
- Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required