Sr. Graphic Designer at Ascend Learning, Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chandler, Arizona
The National Academy of Sports Medicine (nasm.org), a division of Ascend Learning, is the global leader in health and fitness professional education and certification. NASM’s unique approach to health & fitness through their proprietary Optimum Performance Training model (OPT), as well as unique approach to education, has established it as the best in class provider of education, certification, exercise programming content, and advanced credentials to this fast growing market and industry. The company is the market leader in the personal training vertical with its NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) certification and is positioned for market share growth and expansion opportunities in other verticals.
The Senior Graphic Designer produces the visual design for advertising, online media, logos, posters, brochures and other design collateral. This position applies and extends design services for all of the NASM brands (i.e. NASM, AFAA, Premier Global NASM).
The position assists with tasks related to marketing design such as microsites, conference deliverables, and electronic email communications.
This role also collaborates with outside vendors and members of Production, Editorial, Marketing, and IT on user interface and user experience design and review.
This role solves problems with innovative visual solutions.
- Support the design of websites, emails, landing pages, course collateral, digital marketing ads, etc for NASM and AFAA.
- Assist in the development of HTML email templates and one-offs for Marketing.
- Discuss and share work with team members, demonstrate the ability to quickly comprehend visual design requirements, and to explain the reasoning behind proposed design solutions.
- Create finished work, valuing design consistency.
- Collaborate with brand managers and marketing team within a very open work environment to produce designs that will directly contribute to our brands' continued growth and success.
- Take conceptual direction from the Creative Director and create original graphics which accurately reflect the NASM and AFAA brands and maintain the highest standard of quality.
- Take ownership of projects from concept through production.
- Adhere to the creative project calendar and consistently meet deadlines.
- Continuously research & seek design inspiration & styles that could be used to enhance the NASM and AFAA brand aesthetics.
- Complete projects and artwork within a reasonable timeline. Keep workflow organized.
Skills & Abilities
- Formal Design Training. BA Degree in Design preferred.
- Proficient skills in Adobe CC2017 Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. PowerPoint is a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating core competency in graphic design with an emphasis on online platforms, print layouts, and typography.
- Ability to create mechanicals that meets precise standards of coding and print.
- 4-6 years of design experience within an ad agency or highly comparable environment.
- Detail-oriented and a quick learner
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously & independently.