Regional E/H&S Manager at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holland, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
The YFAI Environmental Health and Safety Regional Manager, North America will coordinate and facilitate the development of business processes and systems to identify and reduce or eliminate Environmental Health and Safety risks in North America region. The NA Regional Manager provides technical and legal support, business process development, and coordination of strategic and tactical planning with North America EHS leadership team and customers, and leadership for specific regional risk intervention programs. The NA Regional Manager will assist the NA Director and global leadership team with setting long-term direction for global EHS programs and systems.
- Monitor regional specific proposed changes to EHS regulations, assess and communicate potential impact, and coordinate intervention programs as specific regulatory changes affect YFAIAI’s manufacturing footprint.
- Ensure familiarity with and recommends action to keep the plant(s) in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, local, and provincial health and safety laws.
- NA support of the EHSIS data base including reporting, and metric data collection and review.
- Support North America EHS leadership in defining appropriate plant and regional EHS staffing.
- Ensure employees, contractors, and vendors work practices are in regulatory compliance with OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies; as well as with company standards and policies.
- Oversee and provide direction, mentorship, training guidance and day-to-day management of the EHS team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by NA Director or senior leadership.
- Assist in the development and issue Safety Management System supported by Regional documents according to BOS.
- Audit the effectiveness of the YFAI Safety Management System and report issues to management and EHS leadership.
- Strive to improve and modify Safety Management System to protect organization against litigation and prosecution.
- Act as the prime contact to the EHS authorities, proactively maintain & foster good relations with the EHS authorities.
- Proactively supports opportunities for Black Belt projects. Creates a solid foundation for accurate data collection in preparation of a black belt project.
- Organize and implement Standardized PPE program in order to ensure correct standard PPE is provided at an acceptable cost.
- Conduct EHS Compliance Audits in accordance with the regional BOS instructions and communicate audit results to management.
- Develop programs and coach regional plant EHS and local management team.
- Communicate EHS performance and metrics to YFAI management.
- Cooperate with regional purchasing team to identify opportunities for cost savings related to EHS matters.
- Assist the NA Director of EHS in the development of training programs as appropriate.
- Assist plants in performing “in house” statutory required measurements (noise measurements, ESD measurements, infrared thermographic surveys, etc.) by training plant EHS in the techniques needed to conduct these measurements.
- Business Operating System (BOS): Understand, apply and meet all function-related BOS requirements.
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Understand, apply and meet all function-related EHS requirements.
- Have a proven track record of managing and closing EHS corrective actions within regulatory and company guidelines.
- Product Safety: Understand, apply and meet all function-related Product Safety and regional Product Stewardship requirements.
- Compliance: Understand, apply and meet all function-related Compliance requirements
- Information Security: Understand, apply and meet all function-related IT / Information Security and confidentiality of YFAI information requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Occupational Health, Safety Management, Safety or Environmental Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field supporting EHS experience.
- 10+ years EHS Experience within a manufacturing/automotive environment.
- Relevant staff leadership experience is required (10 years).
- Proven ability to consistently improve EHS outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
- Experience with and ability to influence senior leaders and staff. Often uses influence to convince both internal/external parties that share a common desire to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches and frequently negotiates with a common desire to reach agreement on complete proposals/programs.
- Ability to solve problems that may be only vaguely defined and require understanding and consideration of other job areas.
- Safety, environmental, industrial hygiene and/ or ergonomics certification highly desired.
- EHS Mgmt. System (e.g. ISO14001, OHSAS18001) – Apply to Management team(Manager and above) and EHS Professionals
- EHS Internal Auditor* – Apply to EHS Professionals and YFMS (EHS Principle) Auditors