Fleet Mechanic ( Heavy Equipment) - Naples, FL at Preferred Materials Inc
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
Job ID: 123695
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc. supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
Preferred Materials, Inc., is a member of the Oldcastle Materials South Division; our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Position Title: Field Service Mechanic
Repairs and maintains construction equipment and mechanical equipment such as trucks, trailers, batch plants, paving machines, bulldozers, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other equipment by performing the following duties at various job locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
• Dismantles equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
• Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
• Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules.
• Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
• Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices.
• Operates laptop computer for job functions including diagnostics of equipment and internal work order system.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices, control instruments and all types of equipment.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Starts devices and equipment to test their performance before and after repairs.
• Must have knowledge and be somewhat proficient in operation and use of stick/wire feed welder.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area.
• Operates and maintains field service truck.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 2-5 yrs. of field service experience Preferred
ility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and/or oral instructions
• Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• May be subject to drug testing and physical agilities testing.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 Ibs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. Companies operate in the states of Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, with limited operations in Georgia and South Carolina.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.