Paralegal - Intermediate at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Legal Admin 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Paralegal – Intermediate
Equifax is currently looking to hire a Paralegal – Intermediate to support the U.S. Litigation Department. This position reports to the Vice President and Group Counsel, Litigation and is responsible for partnering with and supporting an attorney in the litigation department by performing various tasks related to the attorney’s internal high-volume caseload. This position interacts with other attorneys and paralegals on the team and assists with special projects and reporting as needed.
Function Specific and Key Responsibilities:
- Support attorney with specific tasks relating to lawsuits
- Draft court filings, discovery, settlement agreements, and other case-related documents
- Correspond with opposing counsel, co-counsel, local counsel, and court offices as needed
- Conduct legal research, including of case law and court rules
- Correspond with and arrange for litigation vendors, including but not limited court reporters, couriers, and e-discovery vendors
- When needed, attend mediations and/or settlement conferences, potentially out-of-state, as the client representative
- Compile and prepare reports and data as requested
- Review and respond to emails and other communications in a prompt and professional manner
- Ensure appropriate handling of incoming requests and escalate as necessary
- Assist with special projects and generally support the Litigation Department as requested
Job Skills and Experience:
- Advanced PC skills; Microsoft Word and Outlook. Familiarity with Excel and Power Point, with a willingness to learn new office systems
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Prioritizes tasks and assignments with moderate supervision
- Follows up on open items, escalates delays and proactively keeps group up-to-date on status
- Organizes and expresses ideas clearly in both oral and written form, excellent grammar
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is a team player
- Develops rapport with a variety of people, uses diplomacy and tact when dealing with others, builds a spirit of unity within department
- Recognizes and solves problems that occur in the scope of own work. Evaluates and selects solutions from established options, making decisions with supervisory approval
- Proactively communicates any potential delays in meeting deadlines, keeps the requestor updated with any missed deadlines and new completion date
- Uses standardized procedures and practices with regular but moderate supervision and guidance to achieve established objectives
- Openly accepts assignments to deepen or broaden own abilities
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree with an ABA Approved Paralegal certification, and has had 2-5 years past experience working as a litigation paralegal in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department.
As an intermediate Paralegal you will have developed knowledge, skills, and work experience; can work within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision; can identify and solve a range of problems in straightforward situations; can make decisions within guidelines and policies that impact your own work; and can prioritize and organize your own work to meet deadlines and delivery quality results.
The hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm, a 40-hour work week with opportunity for occasional overtime. The position requires 15 – 20% travel.
See Job Description