PRODUCTION MANAGER at Heraeus Tenevo LLC
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buford, Georgia
Location Buford - Georgia
Heraeus, the technology group headquartered in Hanau, Germany, is a leading international family-owned company formed in 1851. We create high-quality solutions for our customers and strengthen their long-term competitiveness by combining material expertise with technological know-how. Our ideas are focused on important issues such as the environment, energy, health, mobility and industrial applications. In the 2016 financial year, Heraeus generated revenues without precious metals of €2.0 bn and a total revenue of €21.5 bn. Our promise to over 12,400 employees in about 40 countries is to enable them to develop their own ideas and to drive them forward.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Collaborates and coordinates with relevant departments including quality, scheduling, production engineering, logistics, procurement, maintenance, other production departments, and management to ensure material flow transition is smooth from department to department on time.
- Directs, guides, motivates, and coaches production employees with processes, development and department expectations.
- Effectively utilize resources to meet work performance standards, including organizing equipment needs, supplies and establishing the information flow for SAP.
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Coordinates WIP inventory and is responsible for the execution of the production schedules. Trouble-shoots product defects and implements corrective actions.
- Drives the lean implementation to improve product quality and consistency, on-time delivery and minimal scrap, unscheduled downtime, yield loss, manufacturing cost and waste in all production processes.
- Monitor and ensure 5S standards are met and followed.
- Lead and support product and process optimization efforts to optimize processes and efficiency of operations.
- Develops and maintains a favorable employee relations environment and guides and reviews Coaches’ performance reviews.
What is required for this role
- BS/BA (4 year college degree) or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing mangerial experience.
- Knowledge of MS applications and SAP system.
- Proven ability to achieve production results and influence outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership skills.
Our recruiting team will carefully review and consider each individual application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for further discussion. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your interest in Heraeus. For more information, please visit www.heraeus.com/careersusa.