Shipper at Ellwood Crankshaft and Machine
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hermitage, Pennsylvania
Ellwood Crankshaft Group (ECG) is the world's leading manufacturer of large, one-of-a-kind, multiple-throw crankshafts. ECG's products and services include crankshafts and eccentrics used in mechanical stamping presses, reciprocating air and gas compressors, reciprocating pumps, engines, mechanical shears, rock crushers, homogenizers and other miscellaneous applications. ECG services the locomotive, shipping, mechanical press, oil and gas and compression markets.
ECM is currently hiring for the Shipper position. Employees in this position perform a variety of general labor and semi-skilled duties to assist and support the manufacturing process and / or plant and equipment maintenance needs as they exist and change over time. The Shipper position is a non-exempt, full time opportunity that could work a variety of schedules. Shippers may work day, night or rotating shifts as dictated by business needs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to use various measuring instruments, including micrometers and snap gauges.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s licensePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) search
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Perform all work in accordance with Company safety rules.
- Maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Adhering to FMCSA cargo securement regulations.
- Adhering to DOT regulations and driving practices.
- Machine and equipment includes, but not limited to overhead cranes, forklifts, trucks, saws, tool room machinery, drill presses, tool grinders, gauge calibration, mechanical testing devices.
- Maintain all reports and recordkeeping as required.
- Other functions include: loading and unloading trucks, building of boxes and skids and cleaning and welding.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Perform other routine labor work as assigned and as required in accordance with production flow and/or plant needs.
- Wood working capabilities.
- Interact with team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- Maintains housekeeping in all work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and exotic materials.
- This position will require occasional material handling up to 120 pounds which could include floor lifts, shoulder lifts, overhead lifts, etc. The position will require frequent material handling up to 70 pounds. The position will require frequent bending and squatting and constant standing, walking and reaching. The physical demand category of this position is very heavy.