Supervisor, Tissue Recovery at LifeNet Health
Posted in Executive 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Roanoke, VirginiaJob Description:
Category: Transplant & Tissue Services
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Tissue Recovery Supervisor to join the LifeNet Health team in our Roanoke, VA location.
A Tissue Recovery Supervisor supervises Tissue Recovery staff daily duties. Assists the manager with staff development and training programs. Ensures departmental compliance with organizational and industry regulations and standards. Provides leadership to tissue recovery teams and participates in all aspects of tissue recovery operations following established LifeNet and client policies and procedures. Participates in Administrator on Call duties.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Participates in all aspects of tissue recovery, including taking an active role in the call schedule as needed. Ensures timely and accurate completion of recovery records to facilitate tissue throughput for processing and release.
- Responsible for day to day supervision of the full time and per diem staff ensuring on-call and daily schedules are developed and managed equitably and effectively. Monitors and reports payroll for staff according to schedules and case activity.
- Assists the Manager with the evaluation and competency assessment of Tissue Recovery staff. Assists in the establishment and monitoring of departmental and divisional goals and objectives to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in the Administrator-On-Call (AOC) call schedule reviewing case referrals for activation and assisting the recovery teams with case logistics.
- Assists the Manager with the selection, development and training of Tissue Recovery staff. Participate in staff interviews and assist with the development of formalized training modules.
- Documents, monitors and provides corrective action of complaints, non-conformances and accidents as needed.
- Develops and maintains Tissue Recovery data reporting systems in order to provide weekly/monthly/yearly reporting of donor statistics and other information as needed.
- Assists the Manager with the development of and compliance with departmental policies and procedures as well as compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree in Allied Health, Life Sciences, Anatomy, Nursing or related field is preferred
- Valid State Driver's License
- LEAN Certification preferred
- CTBS Certification; If not already obtained, to be acquired within 3 years of position start and maintained throughout employment in position
- LNH Anatomist Certification or equivalent anatomical knowledge
- Minimum 2 Years Supervisor Experience (Experience may include Team Leader and/or Tissue Recovery Anatomist)
- Minimum 3 years Related Work Experience
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization ("OPO") and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.