Legal Administrative Assistant (Maplewood, MN)* at 3M
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for the Employment & Benefits Legal Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Legal Administrative Assistant will be responsible for handling a wide variety of administrative duties for the Employment & Benefits Legal Team, which includes the Associate General Counsel – Labor & Employment, senior Benefits and Employment attorneys, legal specialists and a paralegal.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supporting attorneys, specialists and paralegal in handling highly confidential and sensitive matters. This includes, but is not limited to, various aspects of the dispute management process, including: engagement of outside counsel; management of electronic and paper filing; drafting communications to witnesses, internal stakeholders, government officials and opposing counsel; and performing all other assigned tasks in support of team members handling disputes.
- Managing calendars and scheduling meetings and other business engagements for team members.
- Coordinating and managing all aspects of business travel for team members, as needed
- Facilitating expense reimbursement processes on behalf of team members
- Independently tracking and reporting CLE credits for attorney team members
- Screening any incoming correspondence and using judgment to route new information or to alert team members to necessary immediate action.
- Independently responding to internal and external team-related inquiries and requests.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to office and team procedures, methods, and quality goals.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Using 3M systems including Cybershift, expense reports and Workday.
- Supporting development of and implementing new and revised business and/or team processes.
- Contributing to various team and office projects, as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years combined previous experience in a legal administrative assistant function
- Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Previous corporate and/or law firm litigation department experience, preferably with exposure to labor, employment and/or benefits law
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience using Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of five (5) years combined previous experience in a legal administrative assistant function
- Experience using Outlook email, and calendar
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to anticipate and problem solve independently
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Curiosity and a deep interest in learning
- Experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Experience with executive-level support and/or interaction
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: None anticipated at this time
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.