House Attendant at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chamblee, Georgia
Job Description SummaryThe House Attendant (HA) works with the Housekeeping Management Team to assist Room Attendants on assigned floors and/or buildings by collecting and transporting dirty linens to the laundry area, delivering clean linens to Room Attendant carts, and retrieving trash throughout the hotel. The HA assists with the commercial laundry function and/or the cleaning of public area spaces, exterior entrances to the hotel, and parking lot and will be assigned special projects as assigned by the Housekeeping Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest
· Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making
beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning the
kitchen area, room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
· Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be
serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
· When assigned to laundry, monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working
order. Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and manufacturers’ guidelines. Receive soiled
linens and inspect for damaged or stained items. Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
· Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of housekeeping.
· May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
· Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
· Handle all lost and found items according to established procedures.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and
· Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Some previous housekeeping experience preferred.
· Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
· Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred; other languages beneficial.
· Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
· Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
· Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
· Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
· Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.