Welding Inspector at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: King of Prussia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni Associates is current seeking Welding Inspectors with experience consistent, but not limited to:
Performing quality assurance inspection and documentation during structural steel fabrication and coating
Monitoring work for compliance with approved shop drawings and specifications
Attending meetings, communicating with fabricators, clients and engineers
Producing daily written field reports
* Work is primarily bridge and highway structures for various transportation agencies, but may also include structural steel for buildings. There are various positions at shops located throughout the region -- Full time and part time available.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Familiarity with AWS D1.5 and/or D1.1 code is a plus
- AWS-CWI is required
- NACE level 1 is a plus
- NDT certifications are a plus, particularly MT, UT
- Being able to preform hands on UT shear wave scanning to the AWS code is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
- Need to be fluent in spoken and written English language
- Must be able to work well independently and work well with others
- Need reliable transportation
- Must be able to work construction schedules, which may include overtime and possibly night shift and weekend work as necessary to meet project/client schedules