General Manager at Sears Authorized Hometown Stores LLC
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Durant, Oklahoma
Leasing Operations is hiring a General Manager Manager for our Buddy's Home Furnishings Franchise in Durant, OK.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for management and overall performance of the entire store. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, scheduling, supervising, coaching, training and performance management of associates. Driving profitability and other miscellaneous revenues; expense management and overall financial performance; identification and solution of business problems; creation and implementation of competitive strategies; managing productivity standards; and overall store management responsibilities including collections on delinquent accounts. The Store Manager is also responsible for overseeing and managing the execution of all receiving activities, including unloading merchandise, merchandise preparation/staging, outbound delivery and daily backroom activities.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements and store reports
- Orders and maintains adequate availability of merchandise at all times taking into account new receipts and returns
- Prepares, Builds, places on floor, and signs new merchandise on the sales floor
- Ensures execution and merchandising moves per the Monthly Marketing Plan
- Develops and executes Local Sales and Marketing plans to drive sales and customers at the local level
- Embeds the Company Culture throughout the store
- Opens, closes, and secures the store and maintain appropriate staffing levels
- Plans, directs and supervises the work and productivity levels of associates to ensure standards are met or exceeded e.g. Receiving processes to yield appropriate merchandising and replenishment of the sales floor, customer facing positions to understand their role in interacting with the customer to meet or exceed his/her needs, etc.
- Recognizes associates for exceptional performance through the management of the entire sales floor and operations
- Plans and holds both Weekly Ready Meetings to communicate expectations to store team
- Plans and holds Monthly one-on-one meetings with associates to review results, improve performance, set standards, and plan future development of those associates
- Demonstrates a high level of energetic response to customers and focuses team on the same
- Sets plans and strategy to lead the stores to ensure achievement of business goals in sales and miscellaneous revenue
- Maintain detailed records of financial services transactions.
- Reports/presentations to District of Stores and Home Office leadership regarding business performance, identification of areas of opportunity, and plan and strategy to enhance performance and/or remedy issues
- Recruits, hires and trains including recruiting for future positions proactively
- Prepare daily work schedules and assign tasks to maximize associate and store productivity
- Properly uses material handling and safety equipment
- Prepares and moves merchandise to the appropriate locations including the stockrooms, sales floor and customer locations
- Participates in delivery and pick-up of merchandise.
- Participates in Credit Collection and Product Collection from customers
- Maintains company vehicles per Operating Standards
- Manages inventory and cash assets
- Ensures all company standards are met including attendance, dress code and company programs
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience with a retail store/field management
- Must have proficient navigational skills with a satisfactory driving record and meet insurability requirements
- Strong understanding of retail-related selling and/or retail operating environment
- Experience coaching and developing associates, preferably in retail environment
- Customer service expertise
- Knowledge of financial operations and processes; analytical skills to diagnose root cause of deficiencies
- Ability to lead through influence
- Regular and consistent attendance, including nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong financial literacy
- Ability to conduct and lead meetings and presentations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent selling skills
- Ability to manage employee performance, including, but not limited to, documenting performance issues, creating and managing performance plans with specific goals for improvement, counseling where necessary, and making decisions with respect to next disciplinary (including termination) or promotion steps
- Ability to identify and solve complex issues affecting store performance
- An essential function of this position is the ability to lift and move at least 50-300 pounds on their own to maintain flow and replenishment of merchandise
- Must be able to traverse multiple flights of stairs while carrying furniture, appliance, and electronics
- 2 year(s): Retail Management
- 2 year(s): Rent-to-Own
See job description