Director, Membership Programs & New Business Development at The Optical Society
Posted in Business Development 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Washington, Washington DCJob Description:
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Director, Membership Programs and New Business Development for the Membership Department. The Director, Membership Programs and New Business Development leads the efforts in identifying new industry focus programs for our engineer sector. The director is responsible for managing member engagement strategy through program development, and new business development opportunities to grow our industry individual member category.
They will be responsible for writing articles in Member Newsletter on the activities of Membership programs. In addition, this position ensures that programs are implemented with high quality in accordance with OSA guidelines.
Demonstrated excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), influencing, framing, and leadership skills will be critical. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization / external stakeholders at every level and demonstrated capability to execute on Membership activities. This position is a critical team partner with the industry, outreach programs, marketing, events, and communications groups within OSA. .
1. Design and implement new business development programs focusing on industry individual members.
2. Leads new recognition programs forward from inception to sustainability.
3. Develops and implements near-term and long-range plans related to membership and program to grow member categories.
4. Lead and focus on creating new individual industry member programs to offer to engineers.
5. Develop, review, and report on the program development strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives align with member needs.
6. Strategically identify potential new industry individual members and aggressively market OSA Membership, and its value proposition, to grow membership.
7. Develop informational materials such as brochures, and provide industry relevant information to the Membership website and appropriate social media channels in conjunction with OSA staff.
8. Monitors and reviews effectiveness of current and new programs and makes recommendations on streamlining or concluding these efforts.
9. Create, develop, and implement new OSA Member magazine to be published quarterly.
10. Research, recommend, and executes on new Individual Member programs, and benefits.
11. Partners with stakeholders in assessing existing benefits and member survey data on an ongoing basis, and makes recommendations for benefits relevant to specific membership categories.
12. Providing the strategic direction for, and management of, a marketing program supporting the Membership program to achieve and grow portfolio.
13. Partners with Chief, with the support of gathering reporting for Board of Directors and Council.
14. Collaborates with Chief in research, and deepening member value and engagement,
15. Ensures department's planning/operations support the organization's larger goals and objectives.
16. Travels to industry events (including trade shows), and other outreach functions for recruitment and retention purposes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* College degree
* 10 or more years of relevant association management experience
* 3 years of experience managing/supervising a team
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent written and verbal communication and proofreading skills
* Strong project management and problem solving skills
* Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines
* Knowledge of complete marketing cycle and ability to function in all phases. Must have experience developing a variety of marketing materials-including working with external vendors on production and distribution
* Experience managing lists for email and direct mail marketing
* Experience with social media and on-line marketing (banner ads, web content, content/inbound marketing, and Google AdWords)
* Basic knowledge of income/expense accounting
* Technologically proficient with a solid understanding of and ability to use appropriate software products. In the Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Access and advanced capabilities in Excel are preferred
* Graphic design capabilities in print and electronic formats and experience with print production. Some experience in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite is preferred: Dreamweaver (or HTML), Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
* Experience with netForum-especially with reports and queries-and Tableau dashboards is preferred
* Interest in science is a plus
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to travel (10%)
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.