Fleet Manager - Tampa, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
Job ID: 130806
Oldcastle Coastal is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for insuring vehicle and equipment fleet are operating safely, effectively, and economically.
- Insure vehicle and equipment fleet are operating safely, effectively and economically
- Company contact for insurance claims, follow-up, etc. when the claims involve company drivers’ or company lease vehicles
- Perform Lease/Buy decisions on equipment and provide recommendations including specifications
- Supervise drivers, and ensure drivers and vehicles remain in compliance with DOT regulations
- Conduct driver training and meetings as required
- Review all drivers' logs, inspection reports, and trip records daily. Prepare trip records and fuel tax reports as needed.
- Manage Drive Cam Driver Behavior Safety Program
- Oversee maintenance program for company vehicles
- Review current vendors and seek new vendors to help reduce cost and increase fleet efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all DOT and Company policies and procedures such as accident investigation and drug and alcohol testing
- Ensure all driver qualification files meet DOT requirements, including driver road tests
- Audit driver logs to ensure drivers are compliant with hours of service regulations
- Work with scheduling department to insure company driver routes are in compliance with DOT hours
- Schedule deliveries for a small number of assigned sites on fleet and hired haulers
- Provide support to scheduling department including backup
- Minimum two-year degree in business or related field or equivalent in experience, training or education
- Two plus years managing DOT regulated drivers and scheduling transportation preferred
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations required
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work activities and deliveries required
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Good verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work with customers and drivers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
- Ability to travel up to 50% within Florida, Alabama and Mississippi
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Coastal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Coastal is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.