Global Commodity Manager (Board Buyer) at Wilsonart
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Temple, Texas
We are currently seeking a Global Commodity Manager focused on purchasing of our board products to join our commodities team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing performance, commercial terms, and strategic relationships with direct and/or indirect materials suppliers, as assigned. Main commodity focus will be particle board and MDF.
- Executing an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and strategic commodity plans along with the VP Global Sourcing that will cover supplier development, multi sourcing, productivity, deflation, delivery, quality, and lead time improvement for selected commodities.
- Executing successful supplier transitions and negotiating and ensuring implementation of consignment, stocking/3PL solutions with suppliers to improve overall supply flexibility and responsiveness.
- Deploying Emerging Region and Transition (In-source or Outsource) strategies to meet both the total cost of ownership needs of the business and the dynamic supply needs of our factory locations.
- Maintaining continuous in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing technologies to position cost effective commodity strategies.
- Establishing and managing key supplier performance objectives, quarterly business reviews and communicating periodic results to plan.
- Resolving delivery and quality issues through root cause analysis and appropriate supplier escalations.
- Partnering with sites to effectively manage sourcing decisions including supplier evaluations, selections, and competitive bid processes.
- Manage and negotiate supply agreements in support of overall supply chain goals and objectives.
- Promoting and monitoring early supplier involvement in key product developments, using the supplier's expertise to optimize quality and manufacturability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MRP and logistics experience.
- Knowledge of effective technology-driven sourcing processes.
- Analytical skills with proficiency in Excel, MS Office Suites. Ability to run macros or complex reporting a plus.
- Additional knowledge of resins, kraft, deco paper, or other laminate commodities required.
- Effective knowledge of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization.
- Working knowledge of technical commodity and manufacturing requirements.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in new product introduction and manufacturing transitions (in-source or out-sourcing)
- MRP and logistics experience
- Experience with make-or-buy analysis, business proposals for savings projects requiring engineering resources.
- Ability to work in a global, matrix environment.
- Familiarity with Sourcing data warehouses and metric reporting a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other closely related field is required. Master's Degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years in sourcing/procurement of particle board/MDF.