HOST/HOSTESS-Austin Grill*New Location Opening in Centreville VA* at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Art 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springfield, Virginia
JOB TITLE: HOST/HOSTESS
SUPERVISION: GM and MANAGERS
Practice strong telephone and guest service etiquette. Accurately record reservations and information into Open Table. Warmly greet and seat guests in the highest professional manner, following all Thompson Retail Food Group SOPs and standards. Create memorable first impressions with guests.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES: These may change over the course of employment.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner and according to Pheast standards. Records and distributes messages accurately.
- Records reservations accurately into OT, capturing special requests and concerns as necessary.
- Manages reservations to effectively seat entire dining room, running efficient waits and call ahead diners according to Pheast SOPs and standards.
- Practices complete guest service, using a warm greeting and welcoming guests with a smile.
- Appears, dresses, and acts in a professional manner.
- Possesses knowledge of food and beverages served as well as promotions and special events.
- Understands the mechanics of service and can arrange tables for large parties. Able to set tables in accordance with Pheast guidelines.
- Maintains dining room, entrance (interior and exterior), host stand, and restaurant throughout shift.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time.
- Interacts verbally and listens attentively to guests, co-workers, and managers.
- Knowledge of the proper etiquette and service standards of Pheast.
- High school diploma and/or prior experience working in guest service.
- English language and professional communications skills.
- Able to take direction and to work in a team environment.
- Able to solve problems and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivation and good organizational skills.
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Good sense of balance, ability to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Effective and professional oral communication skills.