Management & Budget Specialist II at ___
Posted in Government 30+ days ago.
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Management & Budget Specialist II
Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
$55,176 - $91,314
The Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Business Office maintains the fiscal integrity of both Disposal and Collection Enterprise Funds for the Division of Solid Waste Services (DSWS). In maintaining that fiscal integrity, a complex rate model and master budget is used to provide program, budgetary, and financial data to staff and management. DEP seeks a Management and Budget Specialist II to analyze the quantitative and qualitative issues, evaluate trends, and perform programmatic assessments to ensure integration among the planning, budget analysis, and execution of solid waste program activities budget of $100 million+ (across cost centers, current and future projects, and new initiatives).
Job duties include:
- Evaluate budget requests and apply a range of bench marking, trend analysis, future projections, program assessment, and valuation techniques for all solid waste activities.
- Prepare ongoing and ad hoc analyses, reports & presentations to specific budget issues and the economic impact to the integrated solid waste management system.
- Understand and apply accepted financial management techniques and principles when evaluating projections and the effect on solid waste rates while adhering to guidelines and instructions from OMB, Finance, and Office of Procurement.
- Maintain County Stat, Headline Measures, and Performance Metrics to disclose the effectiveness and efficiency of Solid Waste program activities and any new and ongoing initiatives .
- Conduct business planning analysis including, but not limited to, revenue tracking, reconciling monthly tons and tipping fee revenues, assessing externalities affecting waste export and tons delivered, research revenue and rate stabilization issues, identify opportunities and constraints to maximizing revenues.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience reviewing, analyzing and monitoring operating and/or capital budgets, including analysis of and reporting on management and programmatic issues having budgetary implications.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position which are located in the full advertisement. You also may be required to provide a writing sample.
Recruitment is scheduled to close on: March 8, 2018.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply,
please visit our website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/hr/recruitment/applynow.html
and then click on “Apply Now."
Click “Search Jobs” and see the full job description under the “General Professional” category IRC30133
Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.