Program Manager at Triumph Group
Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Windsor, ConnecticutJob Description:
Requisition Number 14510
# of Positions Remaining 1
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 10
Posted Date 02/22/2018
Category Other - Other
Security Clearance Required? Unspecified
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Triumph Engine Control Systems is a leading independent aerospace fuel system supplier for the commercial, military, helicopter, and business jet markets. Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph employs approximately 120 personnel. The Company's key products and services include highly engineered mechanical controls, actuation and componets as well as production of complex mechanical assemblies using external designs.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for customer communication and relationships. Serves as the primary link between the customer and site level leadership to ensure communication of status and potential problem areas while advising on how to mitigate those concerns.
- Is the primary point of contact with customers, communicating with them regarding the schedule and other issues on an on-going basis. Acts as voice of the customer within the organization.
- Manages relationships with the customer base fostering an environment where complex problems are solved in a manner that instills trust and respect for all parties.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the contractual and commercial relationships with customers. Communicates requirements within the organization.
- Partners with internal teams to provide documentation, information and guidance on impacts of difficulties and/or delays to delivery schedules.
- Accountable for price, cost, inventory, quality, and delivery as it relates to assigned customer base.
- Tracks, monitors, and reports program performance using program management tools.
- Develops and executes program presentations for both internal and external customers as well as summary documents for leadership review.
- Participates in make/buy discussions, balancing the needs of the customer and goals of the company.
- Develops and executes an effective strategic plan to manage customer relationships.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams (sometimes across multiple sites) to execute programs in accordance with quality, schedule, and cost commitments.
- Responsible for accurately identifying customer demand for long-term forecasting and SIOP business planning.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments and informs customers of new developments in our product line or production capabilities
- Furnishes advice, counsel, and general staff support to all departments in relation to program management.
- Attends customer conferences, meetings, and events.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook
- Responsible to utilize ERP system for transactions and analysis.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements
- Other duties as assigned to ensure customer needs are met.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (preferable) or business management
- Master's degree in business, marketing, or a related field a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Five (5) years manufacturing industry experience
- Three (3) plus years' experience as a program manager in highly regulated industry, aerospace industry experience a plus
- Experience with military contract proposals a plus
- Customer focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally with short notice
- Candidate must have the right mindset to lead the organization in accomplishing goals and timely delivery of internal as well as external commitments.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.